Our client is a platform for food factories and a logistics firm focused on oil produce. The client is supported and funded by AfDB and various multinational investment firms. They now have an opening for a Capital Projects Vice President.
This role is opened to expats/international talents.
You will work directly with the CTO on matters related to the project management, construction, and optimization of capital projects, generally factories and our client's pre-processing technology. Technologies deployed will include de-shelling technology, palm kernel crushing mills, palm kernel refineries, and solid biomass power generation stations. The VP will be solely responsible for quickly completing capital projects, managing projects, procurement, and vendor management (parts, construction firms, etc.) It is of great importance as a venture capital-backed firm that we quickly deploy capital projects, ramp them up, and stabilize operations with utilization above 90% (22-hour daily up-time). This role is for an experienced construction professional and/or engineer (civil, structural). A strong performer will feel + be treated as a founding member of our client's company with the opportunity to earn equity in the firm with strong performance.
- Professional engineer with extensive independent drafting and planning experience, with AutoCAD (or equivalent). Delivered 2+ capital projects of $5M+ in Nigeria owning the entire process end to end. Ideally, employed by a private equity-backed firm or other fast-paced business environments.
- Experience in oil palm and/or biomass & power generation projects are preferred.
- Analytical/Modeling Capability: Exceptional ability to plan projects (Gant charts, Excel, etc.)
- Skills Training: None, applicants expected to lead and deliver results from day one.
- Dependency Mitigation: Anticipates and mitigate bottlenecks; mindset of delays being unacceptable
- Zero Defect, Analytical Tactician: Instinctive financial modeler, quick estimator, error-free analyzer
- Strategist: Fully grasps Firm priorities and is a leading contributor to strategic optimizations
- Contrarian: Firmly presents conclusions of rigorous analysis, especially when different from Founders’
- Talent Coach: Track-record of rigorous direct report professional development; enforcer of firm KPIs
- Creator zero to one: Build structures from nothing where deficiencies are personally observed and able to understand the Job to Be Done when given directives; speed to output is key