We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Planner / Scheduler
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Work
- Build-up, maintain and process Master Project Schedule by using Project;
- Tracking and monitoring of project activities including Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Installation
- Perform schedule analyses;
- Provide the necessary plans/schedules to ensure the development of proper estimates and studies within a project stage and for sanction as necessary;
- Understand the technical scope of the work and the right sequence and duration of activities to create a viable project plan to achieve the business objectives;
- Ensure the preparation and development of appropriate detail and summary plans/schedules; integrate contractor and operator plans/schedules into the Master Project Schedule;
- Implement, and monitor schedules within each project stage and for entire project until completion/close?out;
- Recognize opportunities and resource optimizations to most efficiently execute the planned set of activities;
- Ensure the preparation and develop the interface schedules;
- Provide schedule input to and implement the schedule element of risk management plan;
- Review and endorse contractor’s schedules and progress reporting systems to facilitate efficient summarization of project reporting;
- Overseas the planning elements of the change control procedure with capture of said changes within the project planning package;
- Ensure timing of deliverables by contractors are adequately defined and subsequently tracked to avoid any delay or disruption to the Project.
- Degree qualified or HND, and member of a relevant institution.
- 2 years Experience.
- Ready to learn, travel, and work under challenging circumstances.
- Well behaved and respect for due processes.
- Familiar (not necessarily proficient) with Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of relevant international codes of practice.
- The Planner is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Develop project schedule in Microsoft project planner software;
- Maintain project schedule;
- Status schedule for weekly and monthly reports;
- Determining the monthly physical progress measurement percentages;
- Provide ad hoc reports, look ahead, critical path reporting, “what-if” scenarios and any other special sort that will assist planning;
- Reports directly to the Project Manager.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.