We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Gwange, Borno
Contract: Open ended contract six month probation period - 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Supervise the rehabilitation works of MSF building inside Gwange Hospital in Borno State
- Ensure technical support for his area of activity and provides coaching to logistics staff under his / her responsibility.
- Supervise the contractors and / or daily workers during the construction.
- Ensure the good quality of the material used during the construction.
- Ensure that the security measures are respected on the construction site (personal protective equipment, fencing.
- Ensure the material delivery date according to the planning.
- Control and report about supply work, timeline, material quality.
- Support and supervise the Construction Storekeeper.
- Forecast, manage and follow up orders done for the construction, based on stock data
- Ensure orders are correctly taken into account by the Purchasing Clerk.
- Responsible for tools and equipment provided during the construction.
- Keep the working area clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the line manager is informed of any problems that might be linked to the construction and the existing MSF premises.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems that arise during the work, particularly about damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins.
- Understand the project in his wholeness, take into account also the electrical system, the water and sanitation.
- Follow and check the project chronogram.
- Control, supervise and ensure that the works are carried out according to the quality and the specifications of the construction project.
- In conjunction with MCR, negotiate with a subcontractor on the scope of work and pricing.
- Write a weekly situation report including an update on works done, planning, materials and workers on site. As well as planning the following week with the supervision of the MCR
- Education: Essential, secondary education; desirable Engineering or construction diploma / education
- Experience: Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs, MSF experience is an asset
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Knowledge of construction structural analysis
- Knowledge of water and Sanitation work
- Deep Knowledge of local construction material work
- Deep knowledge of main Nigerian construction
- Knowledge of different construction systems and materials (metal, clay brick and concrete in particular)
- Ability to accurately describe and assess the status of a construction project and be ready to provide possible solutions when necessary
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-worker
- Ability to communicate with subcontractor, suppliers and clients
- Resolute person, with the capacity to find a solution to the problems without being blocked.
Monthly Gross salary of NGN 303,781.00 Naira only plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit your CV and a Cover Letter with contact details to the "MSF Administration" email to: with "Gwange Construction Supervisor" as email subject.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the closing date stated abive
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.