Job Title: Bar Waiter / Waitress
Location: Mafoluku, Lagos
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language using appropriate etiquette.
- Taking beverage orders and serving them to guests on a timely manner.
- Always respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards.
- Should be fully aware of the bar and lounge menu along with their prices.
- Good knowledge of wine selection, wine service and Beer service.
- Take guest beverage or food orders and input them to the point-of-sale system.
- Ensuring that the bar and lounge stations are fully stocked, clean and tidy at all times.
- Establish rapport with guests to build loyal and satisfied customers.
- Ensure knowledge of menu and restaurant promotions and any special offers.
- Replenish beverages and ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service.
- Able to up-sell all promotion available in the outlet.
- Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times.
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system.
- Should know basic cashiering procedures like handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change.
- Be responsible for billing / payment and collecting feedback from the guest.
- Clear tables and prepare for service by polishing cutlery, glassware and crockery etc.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas.
- Return all equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors and completing bar closing checklist.
- Stock and maintain the bar with all the required supplies and inventory (eg: beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws, stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice cubes etc.)
- Always take responsibility for ensuring a positive guest experience.
- Take ownership of guest request and follow up guests incidences.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned or as requested by Supervisors or Manager.
- Hotel Management diploma holder, OND or similar qualification.
- Knowledge of computers, Wines, POS - Point of sales system.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as a Bar Waiter / Waitress in a full service hotel preferred
- Have sound knowledge of spirits, beers, wine, cocktails and coffee.
- Should have excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to work longer hours as per business demand.
- Be courteous, professional and provide efficient service.
19th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in PDF or Word format as attachment to: using the Position as the email subject.