Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding comprising 41 African member States, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies and three non-regional shareholders, including leading global insurers and reinsurers. The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best and A - by Standard & Poor's.
Africa-Re hereby announces the vacancy for the position below at the Professional Category level in the Internal Audit Department at its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria:
Job Title: IT Internal Auditor
Location: Head Office, Lagos, Nigeria
Grade Level: Professional Category level
- Information Technology Internal Auditor (IT Internal Auditor) will be responsible for assessing and making appropriate recommendations to improve the organization's IT Governance processes.
- He/she will work with the Audit Team in managing the Internal Audit Department's IT Projects, and setting up a quality control system for the Corporation.
Under the supervision of the Director, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Review general and application control on the information systems of the Corporation
- Perform reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery, information security, system development standards, maintenance to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate
- Maintain and develop computerized audit applications and software
- Prepare IT audit assignments, complete the fieldwork, issue the report, and assure proper audit documentation is in place
- Prepare and present written and oral reports in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for various audiences (Board, Management, Auditees, etc.)
- Consult with and advise Information and Communication Technology and other staff on various operational issues related to computerized information systems and on general business operations
- Follow up on audit findings to ensure that corrective actions have been taken.
- Coordinate and interact with external auditors and other external parties as may be required
- Assist and train other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems in the Corporation
- Conduct operational, compliance, financial, and investigative audits, as assigned
- Monitor the status of audit recommendations, appraise the adequacy of follow-up action plans
- Identify training needs, develop training programs and materials, and conduct workshops in accordance with the internal audit standards
- Develop, build & implement tools to analyze data to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness. Ultimately be a source for analytics that the team adopts to provide assurance on processes
- S/He will also assist the Audit Team in managing the Internal Audit Department's IT Projects, and setting up a quality control system
- Perform other job-related duties as determined by the Director of Internal Audit.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Finance / Accounting with a passion for IT.
- Relevant professional qualifications in information system certifications include Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); being also a CIA or CPA will be desirable.
- Understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, Windows, database management, networking.
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and some applicable laws and regulations.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant (re)insurance experience with an IT background and IT audit experience (internal audit and/or external auditing firm)
- Progressive achievement in one or more of the traditional IT disciplines (applications, operations, infrastructure, and management).
- Proactive; hands-on; results-driven; ability to blend exceptional attention to detail with an ability to retain strategic direction.
- Expert knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls, risk management.
- Comprehensive understanding of internal control environments within the IT function.
- Experience with multiple technology domains including aspects of Windows, database administration, software development, and networking.
- Has knowledge of specialized IT audit applications, such as ACL, TeamMate.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Adequate knowledge of Insurance/Reinsurance.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audiences (technical and non-technical audiences).
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Ability to produce high-quality work products.
- Fluent in one of the two working languages of the Corporation (French or English). Good knowledge of both languages will be an added advantage.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input and is willing to learn from others.
- Has the ability to defend and explain difficult issues and positions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Nationals of Members state of Africa Re.
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation's PS Grade Level
- Duty post Differential (DPD) that may increase of depending on the economic situation
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents;
- Housing Allowance.
24th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations.
Advertise here at very cheap rates. Email: email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Get New Vacancies By email everyday
Enter your email address:
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies,
Jobs for Naija